Sunday, February 26, 2012

On the Hunt Again

Being the weird foundation addict I am, I'm on the hunt again for the perfect foundation. I still absolutely am in love with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation, however, even for a "light" foundation, I still find it a little too thick for an everyday use. I'm looking for something with a satin finish but with great oil control.

First up on the hunt...

Nars Sheer Glow



"This Sheer Glow Foundation enhances, without masking, your overall natural complexion. The weightless formula hydrates the skin while complexion brightening properties improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture, leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow." via Sephora

Pros: Super lightweight, easy to blend, looks great on the skin
Cons: Can be cakey if you're not careful and not very good with oil control
Overall Impression: Great reviews on this but it just wasn't for me. I really wanted to love it but I couldn't. It's a sheer coverage but if you want to build it up, you start to look cakey. A couple hours of wear and you will start to look like an oil slick too. Or at least I did.


Moving on...

Lancome Teint Miracle



"This oil-free, fragrance-free formula with SPF 15 sunscreen is made with LancĂ´me's Aura-Inside™ technology, which recreates the true, natural light of perfect skin. Its lightweight texture enriched with soothing rose extract provides 18 hours of hydration and sheer to moderate coverage for a natural finish without a cakey effect. It creates a complexion that looks beautifully bare and lit from within." via Sephora

Pros: Lightweight, okay oil control
Cons: Power-y & cake-y looking
Overall Impression: Been only trying this out for 2 days and I can already tell I don't like it. It has great claims but I just don't see it. My skin is combination, with T zone being a little oily and cheeks having dry patches. It really accentuates the dry patches even though it's suppose to be hydrating.

So far been only trying out these two. Any recommendations? I know I sound picky but if I'm going to be spending so much on a foundation, then I better love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment