Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Review: Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil


{via}


My skin type used to be combination/oily but over the years, it changed and recently I have found my skin to be more combination/dry than oily. For the longest time I didn't use a daily face moisturizer but then I noticed that I would get patchy dry spots on my face. While on the hunt for a moisturizer, I remembered that I had heard from a friend that this product was suppose to do wonders for your skin so I headed out to Sephora and picked up a small bottle.

What it does: A lightweight oil that can be used as a moisturizer/treatment for skin, hair and nails. Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe. (From Sephora website)

My experience: I have been using this daily for two months now. I began using it as both day and night moisturizer which was fine. I found it worked better as a night moisturizer because in the morning, it would have been absorbed into the skin whereas, if you use it in the morning, it doesn't settle into your skin because you put on your foundation. I was hesitant to put oil onto my face at first but now I find that it works better than cream. I had wanted this to be a miracle worker - all my scars and blemishes to go away and I would get this amazing baby soft skin. Maybe I had too high of expectations. It does the job but definitely not a miracle as many reviews claim. Also, it didn't do anything amazing for my hair.

Pros:
  • On the bottle it claims to hydrate and nourish your skin, and it gets the job done. My dry patchy spots have all disappeared and even if I don't use it, the spots haven't been coming back.
  • A little goes a long way. You only need about two drops for your entire face.
  • You can use it for your skin and hair.
Cons:
  • Expensive for a tiny bottle. I can't remember the exact price but in CAD, the smallest bottle which is about the size of my palm cost over $20.
  • Apparently it's suppose to be help heal but didn't heal at all. If I had a blemish, it didn't do anything to help it but didn't make it worse either.
Verdict: It does what it claims to do. It is a great moisturizer for hydration. I might try some other moisturizers before buying this again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment