Thursday, November 17, 2011

Slight Obsession

Some girls love lipsticks, or nail polish or shoes. Me?

I like foundations. Yes, it is kind of weird - or at least I think it's pretty weird.

I've struggled with acne all my life (since grade 5 to be exact...) so I love being able to create a flawless face. I didn't really start wearing foundation until grade 12 and even then I wasn't obsessed with it. I'm not sure why but the past 2 years I started becoming obsessed with finding the perfect foundation. Ironically, it was the last 2 years that my acne cleared up to the point where I am comfortable going out with no makeup (Okay, I lie. Maybe a bit of concealer).

Here's a look at all the liquid foundations I've tried in the past 2 years and my overall experience with them all. I think it's a bit much.. considering I'm not including my powder foundations, tinted moisturizers or BB creams.



{ Starting from Left to Right and Top to Bottom }


1. Covergirl Clean Liquid Makeup - This was the first foundation I've ever used and it wasn't bad. I actually went through a few bottles before trying new ones. Back then they didn't have the different formulas for skin type so I found it made me oily.

2. Maybelline Super Stay Makeup - I got this foundation because I was told it was very comparable to the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which is my absolute favourite. However, after I started using it, I started breaking out so I stopped after a week. I don't know if it was the foundation or not but I was afraid to try it again. It's very long lasting but isn't as great with oil control as Estee Lauder is.

3. Revlon ColorStay Foundation - I didn't like this foundation. at all. Everyone loves it but I just didn't see anything special about it. Although I did get the wrong colour...

4. Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation - LOVE. This is my favourite drugstore foundation. Very comparable to the Estee Lauder except it has a lighter coverage and is inexpensive! It's very liquid-y, which I like and gives a matte finish (almost a little powder-y once it sinks in). Very long lasting, great oil control and is light coverage but can be built to medium coverage. This is my current every day foundation.

5. Dior Skin Nude - For a dewy finish, this is a great option. I really liked this foundation but it's quite expensive (I think about $55-60 a bottle) and the pump SUCKS. I couldn't get my foundation out because the pump got stuck. So I went to Shoppers and the sales girl told me to put a pin in the pump, which didn't work so I threw it out. Then I find out that Sephora would have replaced it.

6. Makeup Forever HD Foundation - I REALLY wanted to love this foundation. I'm not saying it's bad, it's pretty good but it does nothing special for my face. I find it a bit too thick and I get SUPER oily by the end of the day.

7. Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Foundation - Crap. Maybe it was the one I had but it was super thick and just wouldn't blend right.

8. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - ALL TIME FAVOURITE. Matte finish, medium to full coverage (not light but it's lighter than their Double Wear one). Long lasting - and by that I mean that I have bawled my eyes out with it on, slept, gone clubbing all night, and it does. not. budge. It looks better as the day goes by and it has amazing oil control. I don't think Estee Lauder gets enough recognition for their products but it's great. My all time favourite blush is by Estee Lauder too. There are some downsides though: colour selection sucks, expensive and smells like old lady.


** After writing this post, I realized I forgot one... one that I really like too: the Mac Face & Body Foundation. A very, very, VERY liquid-y foundation but it's great. Buildable, but since I like sheer foundations, it's perfect. Very dewy finish so a powder is needed to set it. Feels and looks like you have no foundation on!


What foundations have you tried and which one's your favourite? I want to know so I can feed my addiction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment